Terms of Trade
How We Do Business
TERMS OF TRADE – SERVICE REQUESTS
- Some service requests can be resolved by telephone or email. This service is completely free.
PRICING AND PAYMENT
- A Service fee $102.50 incl GST is charged on all jobs. This fee covers vehicle expenses and the first 30 minutes of time. Time starts from the Riccarton store or the previous job completed. We schedule jobs in geographical areas to reduce distance travelled between jobs.
- After the first 30 minutes the hourly charge out rate is $119.00 incl GST, chargeable by the half hour.
- If you live remote from our store, we try to group several jobs in an area so travel costs can be shared. Jobs outside of our regular servicing area will incur a mileage charge and travel time in addition to the service fee.
- A Weekend Service Fee of $169 incl GST will be charged for service work booked for a weekend. Where Poolside Christchurch chooses to schedule work on a weekend the standard service fee applies.
- An Urgent Service Fee of $169 incl GST will be charged for urgent work if we are required to reschedule jobs to accommodate an urgent job.
- An Underwater Fee of $121 incl GST is charged if the technician is required to get in the pool to complete job.
LOAN PUMPS AND ASSESSMENT FEES
- We have a small range of Loan Pumps available. These are used to keep systems operational while repairs are being carried out on Customers pumps. A Loan Pump Fee is a single fee of $47.50 incl GST for the duration of the loan (maximum of four weeks).
- Customers requiring a pump assessment before deciding to repair or replace will be charged an Assessment Fee of $115 incl GST. If repairs are undertaken or a new pump is purchased from us, we will waive the Assessment Fee.
SERVICE CALL OUT CONDITIONS
- Some jobs require more than one onsite service call e.g. Components may require repair in the workshop, parts may need to be ordered or extended testing etc.
- A Service Fee is charged for every visit to the Customers property. This includes if the Customer decides not to go ahead with repairs, if no actual fault is found, if repairs cannot proceed, if the technician cannot gain access to the property or power isolation switch or if a full quotation is required.
- Any replacement components, materials or chemicals used to complete the Service are an additional cost.
Payment is due 7 days after invoice date unless other arrangements are made with Poolside Christchurch.
For efficient service, Customer’s job may be allocated to an independent authorised service agent. If so, they will bill you directly based on the above conditions.
The cost of spare parts will be paid by the Manufacturer, provided the service falls within the warranty period and there is a defect in materials or workmanship as determined by the Service Technician while on site and then approved by the product supplier.
Labour is not always covered by a warranty and is dependent on the Manufacturer. The customer will be charged for labour costs incurred where the manufacturer does not cover this cost.
Warranty never covers wear, accidents, abuse such as dirty filter, over-chlorination, the swimming pool or spa pool not being chemically balanced, rust and corrosion, power surges, safety devices tripping.
See your Warranty for full details. You will need to provide us with a copy of your invoice or receipt for a warranty claim to be processed.
DEFAULT & CONSEQUENCES OF DEFAULT
Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment at a rate of 2% per month. If the Customer defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Customer shall indemnify Poolside Christchurch from and against all costs and disbursements incurred by Poolside Christchurch in pursuing the debt including legal costs of a Solicitor and own client basis and Poolside Christchurch’s collection agency costs.
Customers understand that the environment around the pool and weather conditions can rapidly change the appearance of the swimming pool. Poolside Christchurch cannot guarantee the pool will remain as they leave it for any length of time.
ALL PRICING IS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF ISSUE, BUT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF TRADE
Any questions, concerns or suggestions give us a call today
Hear from our customers
Great personal service from a team which knows what they’re talking about.
I contacted several chemical suppliers in Canterbury (as I’m a newbie pool owner) and Lynda at Poolside came back with the most helpful reply and comprehensive information. I went in-store today and was blown away by the level of customer service. Lynda was super helpful and full of excellent tips and advice. I now feel much more confident about managing my pool, and know that I can always go and see Lynda if I get stuck. Plus, the product range was excellent and prices were good too! I won’t be going anywhere else – very impressed!!!
Great service and advice from these guys. Have had a pool for 10 years and was made aware of them a couple of years ago and the pool has never been better, regular water testing service and the correct info to fix and maintain pool water quality. I’d highly recommend them to anyone with a spa or pool. 👍