Terms of Trade Pool Barrier Inspection
Independently Qualified Pool Inspector
TERMS OF TRADE – Pool Barrier Inspection
THE PROCESS WE FOLLOW
• An IQPI will conduct an onsite inspection of the pool barrier.
• If the pool barrier meets the requirements for pool barriers the IQPI will provide a Certificate of Periodic Inspection to the Christchurch City Council and the client.
• If the pool barrier does not comply with requirements the IQPI will provide the client with a report outlining the areas of concern. If the areas of concern are remedied within 3 working days, the IQPI will provide a Certificate of Periodic Inspection as outlined above. If the areas of concern are not remedied within 3 working days a written notice of non-compliance must be provided to the Christchurch City Council.
• Inform the Christchurch City Council within three working days if they have been asked to inspect a pool barrier without a building consent.
• Check, test and document the compliance and functionality of pool barriers and related gates, doors, windows, locks and latches.
• Check, test and document areas surrounding pools for direct access, appropriate use and potential climbing points.
• Provide a certificate of periodic inspection to the Christchurch City Council to notify a pool has been inspected and complies with barrier requirements.
• In cases where the pool barriers do not comply, or the barrier does not have the relevant consent or permit, provide written notice of non-compliance within three working days of the date of inspection to the Christchurch City Council.
• Maintain records of inspections and provide them to the Christchurch City Council if requested.
PRICING AND PAYMENT
• Pool barrier inspection within Christchurch City Council boundaries $160 including GST.
• If a repeat inspection is necessary, an additional fee of $160 including GST will be charged. Pool barriers requiring minor repairs may be confirmed to the IQPI via video or photo and may not require a repeat inspection.
• Payment is due prior to the inspection.
In your original email, please click ‘I Accept Terms Of Trade’ to confirm that you accept our Terms of Trade. Once received we will register your inspection within our system.
Hear from our customers
Great personal service from a team which knows what they’re talking about.
I contacted several chemical suppliers in Canterbury (as I’m a newbie pool owner) and Lynda at Poolside came back with the most helpful reply and comprehensive information. I went in-store today and was blown away by the level of customer service. Lynda was super helpful and full of excellent tips and advice. I now feel much more confident about managing my pool, and know that I can always go and see Lynda if I get stuck. Plus, the product range was excellent and prices were good too! I won’t be going anywhere else – very impressed!!!
Great service and advice from these guys. Have had a pool for 10 years and was made aware of them a couple of years ago and the pool has never been better, regular water testing service and the correct info to fix and maintain pool water quality. I’d highly recommend them to anyone with a spa or pool. 👍
Does your pool need some love?
If your pool is looking a bit sick, or you don't have time to keep up with the pool maintenance, we are here to help!